Welcome to My World. This meme is such a great idea and I just wanted to join in. This is my first post so this is a rather small, teeny, tiny peek of my world (which is probably on the boring side). I live in Berwyn, Illinois, which is just outside of Chicago, in this modest English Tudor. I always thought the pitch roof was a nice architectual detail. However, living inside a pitch roof is another matter. Think about it! It's ok for me since I am only 5 ft tall but my husband, who is 6 ft tall, is constantly bumping his head on it. Oh well.
In front of my house is a callery pear tree which we planted 6 years ago. As silly as it may seem, this is tree is actually what I meant by the teeny, tiny peek of "My World." I just love this tree. Bill gave me this tree for my birthday. It use to be about 4 or 5 feet tall but look at it now. It's an amazing thing to see it grow as time goes by. Now that it is fuller and have lots of leaves, it provides shade in our front room and privacy when we open our windows. In the fall (around Nov/Dec), the leaves turn into a deep purple color. It normally changes color so much later than the surrounding trees in our block. Sometimes its the only tree that has leaves when the other trees are all bare. I see this tree all year round, I take care of it, I've nurtured, I've seen it grown bigger and more beautiful each year. It's brought nothing but joy when I see it. Insane as it may seem, it's these simple pleasures that helps me get up and face the day. It is by far the best present I ever got. (I wonder if I can dig it up whenever we move. :-P )
Getting ready for fall so I am cutting down my plants and putting mulch down to cover the cuttings and protecting them a little bit from frost.
I'll try to make my next post more interesting, I hope.




9 comments:
Don't worry this post was pertect for My World. You gave us a lovely insight into yours, and your love for YOUR tree.
I think this was an interesting post and that's a beautifully shaped tree
Your house charming, and I'm glad you're short. Your tree definitely adds privacy. I'll bet its wonderful in the spring with the windows open and the breeze blowing--shading things a bit!
Yes, this post is beautiful as well as the tree.
Your post was a fine post...makes us all stop and think about what really makes us happy. I love my dogwood tree like you love your tree. Always anxious every spring to see my tulips and daffodils and then later the irises that I have.
Enjoyed your post... Beautiful... :)
Small - but beautiful! Very nice MyWorld post!
Thank you for sharing!
Cheers, Klaus
Nothing boring there. Thnaks so much for sharing
I loved in a Cape Cod for years so I know about hitting your head. I like your house and the tree...
Post a Comment