Monday, May 12, 2008

Paste, Paste, Paste

Found these 12 x 12 scrapbook paper which remind me of old wallpaper. I was going to use them to do a scrapbook project but decided to decoupaged them on wooden tiles which I painted black. (Bill actually cut them up to size for me.) I'm so excited about these. Soooo easy. Thinking of making more.





Love the vintage look and feel...





The edges of the wood were routed so the edges are softer. I think it finishes the look.




I guess I could have just framed the paper and hung them but I like using wood as the base. It makes it more substantial and puts weight to the artwork. Besides, as a wife of a carpenter, I think I am required to use wood in my projects.


Hung them up in my dining room. Total cost was under $20 (that's minus the labor, of course. Otherwise, they would be $300 -- hee hee).




1 comment:

RamblingWoods2.com said...

I really enjoyed reading back to here...Love the dogs....Love the cabin. I hope you are able to see it soon so you can get one closer to you.