Saturday, October 18, 2008

Camera Critters #28




Camera Critters

click here to join other Camera Critters.





My friend's birthday is today and earlier this week, I was looking for a photograph which I could make as part of her b-day card. Found a photo of Otis which I took a few years ago. The original was in color and he was centered in the photo. I was going to print it out as it was originally taken but I have been meaning to buy some color printer cartridges because I was runnning low. I didn't have enough color ink to print the pic in full color so out of necessity, I decided to turn the photo to B&W and cropped it off centered. I was surprised of how the slight changes I made gave it a whole new life. I am now loving his pic in a whole different way.


And oh yes, happy birthday Teri! Hope you got this card.


16 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

Those adoring eyes sandy

Anonymous said...

How very sweet!

Jeanne said...

Necessity is the mother of invention and you did a great job here. Love the way your changing up the picture came out with that beautiful face and the card looks great as well.

Teena in Toronto said...

Great pix! So cute!

I played too :)

Lapa37 said...

I like it in the black and white it looks classy.

ChrissyM said...

Awww what an adorable picture. Love the B&W. I have to get to the store and get color ink too. Your card is very cute, your friend is going to love it.

ratmammy said...

wow, that was a great photo! looks perfect ! the black and white effect made the difference.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting chez moi!

Jane Hards Photography said...

It's perfect as a black and white,so cute.

Carletta said...

Adoring eyes! I love the color shot in your sidebar.
The image made a great looking card.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! He is adorable in every way;) Mine is posted HERE. Happy CC!~

Anonymous said...

Hi MarLou, Otis is a very cute dog and so photogenic. Nice capture!

Busy Mom in Iowa said...

Awww!! Great pic!

Anonymous said...

What a great bday card :) I like the editing.

Dirkjogt said...

Nice picture and you made a very nice card of it.

Unknown said...

I like the changes you made - turned into a great card! :)